Thursday 18 December 2014

Kiari Boulama

One of the visiting scholars AUS is  hosting for the Fall 2014 semester is Dr. Kiari Boulama, Associate Professor in the Department of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering at the Royal Military College of Canada (RMC). He is working with Dr. Saad Ahmed from the Department of Mechanical Engineering.
Dr. Kiari Boulama

His research deals with the numerical simulation of flows around air vehicles. Applications include unmanned airvehicles (UAV). The objective is to generate accurate prediction tools for the flight of these vehicles and contribute to the design of aerial vehicles with improved performance (i.e, high lift, reduced drag, improved maneuverability).

“I am currently on a sabbatical leave and have decided to spend this time at AUS for a number of reasons. I wanted to be far from my home university. I wanted to be in a place with the infrastructure and all the resources to conduct world-class scientific research, and this is exactly what AUS is providing me with. Also, after having lived in the cold of Canada uninterruptedly for 15 years, I thought I am due for some sun, and the UAE just happens to have plenty of that,” said Dr. Kiari.




No comments:

Post a Comment